A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Sad Heart

It’s with deep sorrow that I share with you all that our granddaughters were born July 3, too tiny to survive.

They were at 20 weeks and 3 days’ gestation.

Piper was born at 6:58 p.m., weighing 11 oz. and looked like her dad.

Emme arrived at 7:22, 12 oz. and took after her mom.

Both perfect, they spent about 3 hours with their parents before they went to be with the Lord.

The last few days have been some of the most difficult we’ve ever experienced, and changed some of our travel plans.  We’re in Calgary now, and will be for a bit before we resume our trip, all being well with our kids. 

Once we’re on the road again, and have better internet access, we’ll catch you up, and give you glimpses of our adventures headed east to the Maritimes.

Blessings, Peg

17 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your family's loss. My heart goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Peg I am so very very sorry for your families loss. I pray that you will know strength and comfort at this time. I know your heart is breaking, take care my friend. Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very sorry to read this. What a hard time for you all. May God be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what to say other than that I am so very sorry for your family's loss. I've been tracking the progress of the little girls since your first announcement. Toady's news saddens me very much.
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Peg I am so sorry for your loss. That is the amount of time I carried our twin daughters. Neither one of them weighed a pound. If born today they would have been on life support etc but 50 years ago they did live 30 minutes. I was very sick and never saw them but they were named and I see them as perfect little brunettes in heaven. Tom said they had brown hair and had their fingernails. Bless you all and may you all heal with the support from each other.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very sorry to hear the sad news. Such precious bundles touch our lives even if only for a short time. Prayers for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear this news Peg. Will keep your daughter, yourself and those bubs in my thoughts. Bless you all - HUgs Dee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry, Peg. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so very sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my heart breaks for your family. We've gone through this same thing, personally and with our daughter and know the heartache it brings. There are really no words of comfort - just time to bring us some quiet - and later more joys in the making. Our dear grandson Ben was born after such a tragedy hit our family - he is all the more special and loved. Hold your family close and comfort each other.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cannot even begin to express the sadness I feel for all of you. I was so excited for you - for all of us - that our family was expanding and that two more precious souls were about to join us. It's so hard to fathom why things like this happen. I suppose it's all part of the divine plan, but how heavy it makes our hearts. For what it's worth, you are all in my thoughts and prayers and even though I am far apart, I am still with you, bound by sincere love and affection. Know that I am here for you guys and though I cannot even begin to imagine your sorrow and pain, I am, in whatever ways I can, here to help carry at least some of it with you. Brightest blessing, Peg.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am SO sorry to hear this Peggy. This is such sad news. Our hearts are with Johnnie and Alina and the rest of your family. Send them our love and condolences. - Ali and Dave

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my heart! I am so sorry for all of you. I will remember you in my prayers Peg. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. So terribly sorry. May you and your family receive all the strength and support you need during this unbelievably trying time. You are all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Peg I'm so sorry to hear this. I know you were very excited and that the joy was throughout the family. My heart aches for you and your family. I'll say a prayer for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey there Peggy and Garry, just re-reading some of your old blogs and of course reading this one made me sad for you all. I know what it is like to have tragedy in life, it is not something that you want or even think that you can handle, but I trust that you will all lean on each other and believe that God really does have a plan. You are special to me and I love you!! It is really nice to hear about your travels through a blog. I wish you a wonderful adventure! I know that you will be a blessing to all you meet and that you will encounter many cool things about Canada as you travel through it. Enjoy the start of your retirement.

    ReplyDelete