A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Antigonish

Our last full day in Nova Scotia was a day to rest, relax recuperate, rejuvenate after the busy wedding week.  DS2 and DDIL2 (now that we have 2 DDILs I have to number them, and it seems easiest to number them with the boys, even though DS2 was married first so this DDIL is really DDIL1 and the DDIL married to DS1 is the 2nd DDIL….oh, man I could get myself tied up in a knot here, couldn’t I!) – regardless DS2 and DDIL2 came for a morning visit before they headed for Halifax and their return trip home to BC.

Then we took the afternoon to wander through downtown Antigonish and see what there was to be seen.

Old buildings and murals

737735.Au 13 Antigonish town hall736.Antigonish murals

and a 5-cent to 1-dollar store that had nothing worth only 5 cents, or even worth only a dollar…..but had something of everything almost: cameras, clothing, toys, puzzles, kitchenware, candles, quilting fabric, crafts, candy, tools!  It was a treasure trove.

The Made in Nova Scotia store netted us a nice big bottle of NS Maple Syrup.  And Harbor Quilts (closing out sadly) provided me with some fabrics for a new quilt for our trailer, and a couple of patterns designed by the owner (more on quilts and traveling in a separate post).

After stocking up on groceries, and filling up the truck, we paid a last visit to DDIL1’s family to say goodbye – no telling when we’ll see them again.  I just love their old house, and wish we could get one just like it!

738.Gavel house

Off to New Brunswick next on the (semi) homeward trail.

Blessings, Peg

2 comments:

  1. some lovely old buildings. I love their house too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Real maple syrup. I can now let go of the chocolate thing... What a great little house! I love it.

    ReplyDelete