A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Friday, August 17, 2012

Wedding Memories

At last, a chance to sit down and share the wedding with you all. 

I’ve said it before (elsewhere) and I’ll say it again…..It was a FABULOUS day – well, week actually.  In between doing some exploring of Nova Scotia there was pre-wedding celebrations and gatherings, and some prep stuff to do before the big day.

Wedding shower – the bride was treated to some wedding night attire:06

As was the groom:0912

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Made for some big laughs when the guys got a look at these:14

 

The rehearsal was fun4041With the bride’s father needing a little direction re which side of the church he belonged

Dinner after was scrumptious lobster (what else when you’re in the Maritimes) with salads and lots more fun:59Lobster on ice

 

See the boxes at the back – lobster on ice!55

And then the day dawned – not as bright and hot as the day before, but the smiles and joy lit up everybody’s faces. 

The church building is about 150 years old, and a beautiful setting:1723

A Celtic setting requires Celtic dress:65

The bride arrived a little late – not HER fault, she said:75

(I had my SIL video the ceremony with my camera, and it’s too large to download – have struggled with trying to edit and just not having any success.  Pics from FB can’t be copied, at least I haven’t discovered how to do that.) 

Some photos after:Wedding collage

And the reception – well, we ate and toasted and danced and played and laughed and kissed (the happy couple would only kiss if somebody stood and kissed first; there were lots of willing teachers)………….Reception collage

Before the honeymoon could start, some of us joined with the newlyweds to share in gift opening:214

And so ended wedding week.  As I said before, it was FABULOUS!

Blessings, Peg

2 comments:

  1. What lovely pictures. JUST going out to a wedding myself in 10 minutes - these have really got me in the right mood!

    blessings xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll give you a tutorial on how to steal pictures from FB! It's really quite easy! Looks like everything went swimmingly. Joel looks so handsome in his kilt - very nice touch. This must mean you are on the road again - heading home now? So enjoy following you two around the country side like this.

    ReplyDelete