A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Friday, September 28, 2012

It’s a Wild World

At least that’s what we think, and one of the things we watch for when we travel – anywhere – is the wild animals along the way.  It was disappointing for us that we had very few sightings on this trip.

But finally, at Waterton Parks, these two hunks met us on the road:

0509

They weren’t too anxious to get out of the way, either.

Around Waterton village, we spotted these deer resting in the shade:

31.Deer in town

And later they came visiting at the campground:

33.Campsite visitors36

So nice to see these wild animals, so secure in their environment, and unafraid of the humans around.  One man tried to get close enough to touch them, but they just calmly kept walking away.  There was warning out that they could attack, though.

And talking of animals visiting campgrounds – at Kalispell, the petting zoo animals were released to graze, and they obviously thought the whole campground belonged to them:

1009396

While at Waterton, we drove through the buffalo paddock.  These buffalo are apparently descendants of the original herds of southern Alberta:

37.Buffalo paddock394945

 

Happy fauna sightings!    Blessings, Peg

3 comments:

  1. I don't think I saw any animals on my travels this summer -- maybe some deer, but not many. Last year we saw bear. Do Canadian Geese count?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got attacked by a deer once when I ran out of cookies. (Nothing serious; she just got a bit too aggressive and tried to rake me with her hoof.) Dad gave her an upper-cut to the jaw and she backed off. But at least I got rid of the crappy lemon cookies that mom packed for the trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing like Dad to the rescue! Kind of reminds me of the time he rescued me from the lamb that wanted to trample me!

      Delete