A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Hint

A little bit ago, I posted about a unique gravestone in a cemetery in Ontario.   The gravestone was engraved with a puzzle, that wasn’t solved for about 80 years. 

60

 

I left the puzzle with you to mull over, if you were so inclined, and my sister asked for a few days.  I haven’t heard back from her, if she ever solved it, but I’m going to post today a hint for any body that wants to try to figure it out, and then the answer in a few days. 

I have to confess that I’ve read the answer – but do have to admit that I still can’t figure out how the solvers got to the answer even using this hint:

Start in the top left-hand corner, count over 7 letters, then down 7 letters.  Read down, then around in a zig-zagging counter clockwise spiral that expands out from the center.

I’m going to play with this for a while, and once again, in a few days, post the answer.        Ooh, but I do like puzzles!

Happy solving!               Blessings, Peg

3 comments:

  1. now that is a unique head stone...i am not going to even try the puzzel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that I forgot all about this. I worked on it for a while, but got distracted. A few more days, please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cheated and looked it up .. guess that's why I wasn't asking.

    ReplyDelete