A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

It’s a Quiet Life

we lead.  At least that’s certainly what it feels like since we arrived home from our months of travel.  But then I look back at the calendar, and we certainly don’t sit still much.

Over the last 2 weeks -

  • we’ve been to a Vinyl Café live show

If you don’t know about Stuart Maclean, or have never listened to his shows or read his books, you’re missing a great Canadian icon of humor.   He is an absolute must for every Canadian, and anybody who enjoys a good laugh.

  • brunch out with friends
  • cards evening with friends
  • dinner with our son (DIL studying for mid-terms)
  • a quilt show and stop at a farmer’s market (not sure why I didn’t take the camera with me)
  • a visit to a local manufacturer open house

001

where we learned how they make those great big rims for those great big off-road vehicles.  Their largest rims are 5 feet in diameter, and with inflated tires attached are 20 feet diameter.  It was an enlightening tour, especially seeing how computers drive most of their equipment

  • anniversary weekend, which included fall drives

002

- ocean side visits

003

- dinner at the Oyster Bar where we got an intimate corner all to ourselves

- stops at a few quilt shops

- seeing all the Halloween displays and watching families pick out their pumpkins

007

  • another brunch with friends
  • finishing up the give-away goodies, and starting on binding the quilts that I (almost) completed in the spring before our vacation
  • gatherings with quilting/crafty friends

 

On Monday morning I looked at a calendar that was essentially blank for the week ahead, but by the afternoon almost every day was marked with something to do.

Is retirement quiet?  Well, it is and it isn’t.  Time seems to just get filled up, and here I am wondering right along with everybody else I know who’s retired…………’when did I ever have time to go to work?’

This is the first time in my life that my time has been completely at MY disposal to do with what I will, when I will, how I will and with whom I will.  I wasn’t sure how I was going to handle this, but it certainly has been pleasant these last few weeks, and I look forward to enjoying this all even more as time goes on. 

And right now – time to enjoy the breakfast that Grizz has cooked up, then go for a walk and some exercise, and get ready for friends coming for lunch!

Ahhhh, happy retirement!                 Blessings, Peg

5 comments:

  1. Oh someday, someday, I can retire too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that ocean picture. absolutely beautiful. I hope I get to enjoy retirement, some day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Retirement sounds great! One of these years I'll be there too. I love Stuart Maclean; we saw him in Victoria last November. He certainly maintains a rigorous travel schedule but he hasn't been to Whitehorse for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your "quiet" life sounds wonderful. It sure was fun to sit and chat at brunch on Sunday - we always have fun when we get together with you two. I'll be sending that photo today or tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the Vinyl Cafe...we love listening to him and lucky you getting to see him!!!

    Yes I know what you mean about retirement....well we did ...now Brian is back working for a season.... hopefully not too long;)

    ReplyDelete