A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

I Missed It!

12-12-12 happened yesterday.  I had been thinking of posting (something, I knew not what) on this auspicious day, and somehow it slipped past me without my noticing it.  But then, I really don’t know what’s supposed to be so auspicious about it.

Back in 1999, somebody at work remarked on 9-9-99, which just happened to be my niece’s 9th birthday, and then starting in 2001, it seemed like each year when the month and day lined up with the year, there was some kind of froo-frah (is that even a word?).  And in 2010 there seemed to be a race on to get married on 10-10-10.

But, for whatever reason – maybe because everybody is waiting with bated breath for 21-12-12 to see if we’re going to have a 22-12-12 – there’s not been much note taken of 12-12-12. 

So for me it was just another day.  And what DID I do with it?

Well, I started off with finishing the last touches on the Christmas baking:

002
Nanaimo bars, confetti squares, peanut butter bites, marzipan chocolates



Butter tarts, peppermint cookies, macaroons

(to be completely honest Grizz made the marzipan and macaroons)

 

Then I had a sewing day, stuff I had planned to do on Monday but then the power went out and by the time it came back on again, I had no desire to sew.  But on Wednesday I made some headway with a couple of projects.

First, some coasters that had been sitting around for several months, now quilted and bound:

003

 

And a little (very little) bit of quilting on this wall-hanging which has been in the planning for a couple of years.  It now just needs to be bound and some sort of sleeve or hanging tabs attached, but not sure what color to use for binding – any thoughts?

001

 

So what did you do with 12-12-12?

 

While I’m here, don’t forget, if you haven’t already, to enter the draw for the little sewing tote that I made in celebration of Quilting Gallery’s 5 the Birthday Blog Hop and Party.  And then head on over to Quilting Gallery, via the link on my left-hand side-bar, to hop through the rest of the blogs and join in the fun of all the give-aways.

Draw date for my give-away is Saturday Dec 15, in the evening, winner will be announced on Sunday.   Good luck to you all!

Happy baking, sewing, decorating, parties!              Blessings, Peg

7 comments:

  1. It was just another day for me. ;-) I finished our Christmas cards and got them into the mail. I quilted for a couple of hours. I helped load up Angel Tree gifts at church. I attended the Christmas dinner at church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My you have been busy! Love those cute little coasters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent yesterday with my daughter as she had her wisdom teeth out. My grandfather was born 09-09-09! Today I got to spend sewing while checking on my patient

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a very productive day. I was in a very low ebb of depression and basically did nothing all day. Boo hoo. The reason it is so "special" is because it is the last series date there will be until the next century. I saw one person posted what she was doing at 12:12 p.m. on 12/12/12. Too funny. I love the coasters. Very special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup! It passed me by too until I got home and heard all the hoopla on the TV. Oh well. I was slightly productive and in that I sandwiched some quilted gifts that I'm finishing off for office colleagues. Need to get those done before we close the office. As for what binding you should do on the balloon. What about facing the quilt rather than binding it? there is a wonderful tutorial about facing small quilts at this website http://serendipitypatchwork.com.au/blog/2009/01/13/my-favourite-quilt-facing-finish/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been busy, I love the coasters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I missed it too! Looks like you've gotten a lot done. The coasters are really cute!

    ReplyDelete