A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Let It Snow, Let it Snow,

Let It Snow

Yesterday we saw the first snow of the season!  It’s so pretty!

005

I just love snow, it’s so crisp and clean (well, before traffic and sanding and snowplows), and it lays a kind of hush over the world that just makes me feel so content and happy!

There’s not a lot of snow out there, maybe an inch or so, just enough to let us all know that it actually did snow.  We know it won’t last, so we’ll enjoy it while it’s here.

And while it snowed, the Blog Hop Party and Giveaway ended.  As I opened up by computer this morning to check for any last-minute entries, I found an email telling me that I won one of the draws that I entered!  How great is that!   So my first order of business was to email a reply with mailing address, so my package will arrive soon – I’ll show it to you all when it gets here.

But on to my draw!  This was a great party, and 57 readers entered to win the sewer’s tote that I had made.  382These pictures are the one that I made first for myself, the winner will get one with different fabrics, and experience behind it!381.sewing caddy give-away

Using a random number generator, the winner is……………  # 25

Carolyn of Sew. Darn. Quilt!

Thank you to everybody that entered, to those who have become new followers through the process, and to Michelle of the Quilting Gallery for sponsoring the Hop!

Carolyn has been sent an email to let her know, and as soon as I’ve heard back from her, the package will be put in the mail.

Good luck to all the rest of you – hoping that you all win something!

Blessings, Peg

5 comments:

  1. We woke to snow in the air, too, but it very quickly turned to rain, and while there were some flurries mixed in all day, it didn't stay. I like the snow, too.

    Congrats on your win, and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll try to send you more snow. It will be a white Christmas in Calgary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Carolyn!

    I'm jealous of your snow! I don't think we're going to get any before the end of the year. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Peg...CollectInTexas Gal Sue visiting and sharing the message I left for you and Corina....

    Welcome Corina and Peg...I swear Ya'll are tough ladies to live in SNOWY Canada. No wonder Ya'll are doing the Winter White Exchange...you have lots of experience with the White on White and Icy Blue!!

    So nice to meet you both. I've added you to the list, to my SideBar Stitchin' Friends, and I am a New Follower to your Blogs. I'm looking forward to seeing your Winter White Blocks....Sue

    ReplyDelete