A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Needing a Long-arm Quilter?

Way back in the spring, I made a quilt for a wedding gift for our DS1 and DDIL2.

  33

It’s a monster king-size, and I knew I couldn’t even begin to quilt it.  So off to the local long-arm quilter it went.

At the time, life was a whirl – getting ready for our cross-country trip, making baby stuff, preparing for the wedding to come in August, winding up work, sewing ahead for Christmas…..and Linda (the quilter) said she’d be posting the quilt on her blog.  I said I’d be watching for it – and then completely forgot.

I’m not sure what made me think of it this morning, but I took a trip over to visit Linda at her blog, and here’s what I found:

 

Didn’t she do a fabulous job of the quilting?  If you need a quilter, be sure to head over to Quilted Cats Hideaway.   Linda and her daughter Rhonda are both fabulous quilters (at every step of the way), and will do just as wonderful a job as they did on this one.  Here’s a picture of their studio, from their web-site:

My quilt, called East Meets West, filled the frame completely from end-to-end, with not much room left over. 

Just my little plug for a local business!

 

And while I’m here…..a little reminder……don’t forget to come back on December 10 and enter the draw for my give-away for the Quilter’s Gallery 5th Birthday Blog Hop Party – link on my left-hand side-bar.

Happy quilting!                    Blessings, Peg

8 comments:

  1. The quilt itself is so beautiful, and the quilting certainly finishes it perfectly. They must be so thrilled with it in their home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely, a fabulous monster.=) The whole big family now doesn't have to take care of finding a place to sit down during a picnic. Very practical, indeed. I have some similar ideas at my blog too.
    freelancemommyblog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear Peg, things are pretty buy and hectic for all busy folks these days. I am just lucky to get around occasionally. That is indeed a beautiful quilt. Here's wishing all your family a blessed and Merry Christmas. Raining cats and dogs here and pretty nasty. It is hard to tell what I might type since I got drenched while out and am having a hot toddy. Blessings to you and yours.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous - what a beautiful gift for your son and daughter-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous quilt. Wonderful quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the boarder you put in that Hunters star. I have a kit that I got for a song and wanted to make it bigger I think I have a plan in mind yours has given me incentive on what to do. Great quilting I think it is fabulous to have a mother daughter business glad they can enjoy the same craft.
    I love how you throw back your head in laughter that is a great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful quilt. I'll be making my first king-sized quilt after the first of the year - a gift for my daughter and son-in-law. I hand quilt, so I already warned her not to expect it too quickly. ha!

    Glad I found your blog and am your most recent follower.

    ReplyDelete