A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Thoughts and Prayers

Yesterday we heard the news, as I’m sure most of the rest of you did, about the tragedy in Connecticut.  So many lives senselessly lost.  So many families hurting.  It’s so unbelievable that it’s difficult to put words to the feelings.

One of my sisters shared this on her blog

"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of 'disaster,' I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers - so many caring people in this world." -- Mister Rogers

As we watched the news late last night, we saw the helpers – they were everywhere – and we felt some relief that there are others standing right beside, behind and around those that are reeling from the pain.  And pray that they can all also know the love of God that surrounds them, know that He stands beside, behind, under, over, and around at all times.

A prayer chain was started on FB – and I want to continue it here.  Please pass it along – and if any of you know, or know somebody who knows, any of the families in Connecticut, please let them know we are praying!

 

537485_496432943712912_404090570_n

No comments:

Post a Comment