A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

In the Mail

Yes, the Winter White blocks are in the mail!

001

 

Eleven of these were sent off to Lee (Lala’s Lovely’s) for the Winter White Block Exchange.  Hoping others will forgive the struggle to get points to match.  In making these, all on my Featherweight, I really learned why I use the walking foot on my machine for all my piecing.  Honestly, fabric moves!  And sometimes it moves a lot!

Also in the mail – this time to me, and via e-mail – a winning.  I just casually dropped a line at Patchwork Sanity, not really thinking about her give-away.  Well, a few days later, I received an email message, and actually had to go back to see what I’d entered.  It was (is) a 6-month membership to The Quilt Show, on-line magazine/blog/classes by Alex Anderson and Ricky Timms. 

Alex and Ricky

Wow!  So I quickly redeemed the certificate and have been enjoying some great quilting lessons and quilts and even jig-saw puzzles!

Happy mailings – in and out!                  Blessings, Peg

8 comments:

  1. Neat - on both things. I find that with my featherweight I get the best seams, and I love the stitch on it. Glad the bobbin case worked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the win. I think your block looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treat to win a giveaway, even if you did not realize it. Love the quilt blocks. I have Carbonite to back up my things I want to save. Just happens to be what our IT son uses. It is so cold down here. No snow yet but rain and sleep. Stay warm.
    Peggy (QMM)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are wonderful. I can't imagine working on a feather weight. I could have used it last night as my part of the city had a total blackout for nearly 4 hours. Really eerie when the street lights aren't even on. Had to add an extra quilt to the bed since we had no heat either. I look forward to your package arriving in my mail box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to win something you didn't even know you entered for! That's so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on winning the giveaway - you'll enjoy it.
    Your blocks are lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure your blocks look great. I cant wait until they all come in.

    ReplyDelete