A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wednesday’s Hodgepodge

I’ve seen this a couple of times, but didn’t really pay attention.  This morning, as I was thinking how undisciplined I am about actually writing blogs, I thought, maybe this would be a way to be more regular.  Wednesday’s Hodgepodge is hosted by Joyce at From This Side of the Pond

Each week she poses a number of random questions.  To be honest, I may skip a question or two now and again, but I will try to share honestly those I do answer. 

So here goes for this week:

1. In the USA this coming Sunday millions will be watching the Baltimore Ravens take on the San Francisco 49er's in the Superbowl.  What was the last event you attended that could be described as super?

I’d have to say our son’s wedding, but then I think what about our daughter’s wedding, and our other son’s wedding – they were all super, in my eyes anyway.

336

 

2008 05 18 Mirjana's Wedding Day 2 093110

2. Share something you're a fan of these days?

I’m a fan of quilting shows on TV.  I discovered Fons and Porter’s Love of Quilting on WTVS (out of Detroit) a while ago, then lost it and just recently found it again.  Here it airs at 3:00 a.m. on Saturdays so I just have the series taping every week and watch it at my leisure.

Mary and Marianne Fons

3.  How do you feel about wings?  In case anyone is confused, I'm talking about the edible appetizer kind.  What's your preferred seasoning-hot, mild, teriyaki, sweet and sour, other? Do you make your own or is there a favorite place you like to go for wings?

I love wings – for an appetizer.  Sweet and sour, or Parmesan are my preferred flavors – we make our own!

4. As long as we're talking sports today, have you been following the Lance Armstrong story?  Did you watch his interview with Oprah and if so what was your reaction to his confession and subsequent remarks?

I’ve only watched the news reports about Lance.  Not being a talk-show watcher, I just didn’t bother with Oprah’s interview.  But every time I hear a story like this I think of our DS1’s words, quoted in a newspaper article a number of years ago when he was competing and setting world records in powerlifting, “If it hasn’t been done without drugs, it hasn’t been done.”  

5. What's a question you hate to be asked?

“What’s the most expensive item you purchased in the US and bringing back into Canada?”     Oh, man, who can remember what things cost when you spend all that money!

6. The coaches in this Sunday's big match up happen to be real life brothers.  Jim Harbaugh coaches the 49er's and his older brother John Harbaugh coaches the Baltimore Ravens.  Were you and your sibling(s) competitive?  In what way?  Are you still?  If you're an only child how did you handle competition growing up?

I’m the oldest of six, and really didn’t feel like I competed with my siblings.  But I do tend to be a competitive person, and have had to learn to quash that a bit when the ‘sport’ is just for fun and be a gracious loser.

7. What's your favorite game involving a ball, and when did you last play?

Soccer wins hands down every time in this household, but I’m just a watcher.  In high school, I played basketball, volleyball, grass hockey, football.  I even tried tennis at one point in my life.  A dismal failure at all of them – just not naturally athletic.  But soccer has become the TV sport in this house because our DS2 has been involved for most of his life and is now a player/coach.  He’s the one front left:

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Today’s plans – a little baking, lunch out with friends, a little sewing maybe later in the day

Tomorrow’s plans – a visit with our pastor, a little sewing maybe later in the day

Friday’s plans – housecleaning, a little sewing maybe later in the day

Hmmm….it seems that sewing is having to take a back burner a lot.  But then, right now, there’s nothing urgent to sew, so it’s all good.  I’ve been finding that in the afternoon, I get cold, oh so cold, and want nothing more than to curl up with a quilt, a cup of cocoa, and a book or TV rerun for a couple of hours.  Getting going after that seems to be a Herculean effort, so I’m settling for some crocheting or cross-stitching to keep the hands busy and away from the food!

But despite that, I’ve decided to join the April A to Z Challenge – I’ve a special reason for wanting to do that this year, just hope I’ll be up to it when the time comes!  It’s a blog hop, so should be fun – maybe you’d like to join up too!

 

Happy thoughts!               Blessings, Peg

6 comments:

  1. I am a crocheter and knitter so when ever I sit down I pick up my needle. My sister is the quilter in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Hodgepidge! So good to have you join in! I absolutely love what your son said in your #4.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from the hodgepodge! What beautiful wedding pictures of all your children. I can see why you can't pick just one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll need to check out the quilting shows on TV; haven't done that. I did the A to Z Challenge last year but am not sure I want to particpate again this year. Not sure what I'd want to blog about from A to Z. I'm still thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful post this was Peg! Very relaxed, light hearted. Gonna go and investigate the A to Z challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. People actually ask you what the most expensive item you've brought back from the US is? That's bizarre. Why would they ask that? I want to say, "That's just weird!" but instead I'm going to reserve judgement and try to fathom what might compell such a query. Interesting... Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete