A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Monday, February 4, 2013

Drop and Give Me Twenty–Post # 1

I took up the challenge for this month (see side bar for link), so here I am to show you what I accomplished over this first weekend:

003

The placemats are finished, just in time to get them on the table to honor the red-ness of Valentine’s month:

002

 

The sewing bites were more than 20 minutes at a time, but somehow I find it difficult to sit down for just 20 minutes once I get started.  For this challenge, I think I’ll share every few days, rather than daily – or I might not find the 20 minutes to actually sew LOL!

 

Saturday evening we went to dinner with friends who’ve just returned from a trip to Hawaii, and look what they brought for me:

001

64 6” blocks of 16 different ocean fabrics!  Aren’t they gorgeous!  I’ll be looking for a very special pattern to make with these – any ideas out there?  I definitely see many more 20-minute-or-more sewing sessions coming up!

Happy sessions!                Blessings, Peg

10 comments:

  1. Peg, those red and white table mats look stunning.
    You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your placemats look fantastic next to the table runner. And "swoon" over the gorgeous fabrics from Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous ocean fabrics! I can't wait to see what you make with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet present, can't wait to see what you make with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. placemats look lovely with that table runner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooo pretty - you have been a busy girl - love the Hawaiian pieces, can't wait to see what you make. I've been trying to do 20 minutes of crocheting on my Granny Square afghan every day - and so far I'm doing well, and sometimes going over, which is good, because I have a "new" vintage book full of afghans to knit and I can't wait to order the yarn for a Fisherman Knit afghan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 20 minutes is just enough time to get warmed up ; )
    Lovely placemats and runner. You're ready!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty. I especially like the tablerunner. I'm doing the challenge too, and I find, like you, that once I get started, I don't want to quit after 20 minutes. It's a good way to keep focussed, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I apologize for not stopping by to welcome you to DaGMT earlier! I was on vacation and there is only so much I am willing to do on my phone. :) Anyway, you are terribly prolific and I am thrilled to hear that 20 minutes turned into 4 hours one day. That is the whole point; start sewing on a regular basis and you will be shocked by what is accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you ever do picture quilts? I think if I were to ever attempt quilting, I would want to make pictures. Like a tiger coming out of the jungle... Oh, dear! I feel a sweater pattern idea coming on.

    ReplyDelete