A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Friday, February 15, 2013

Drop and Give Me Twenty–Post # 3

I’m late, I’m late for an important date – well actually I made the real date, dinner with Grizz last night was fabulous, but I’m late wishing you all Happy Valentine’s.  Hope you all had a great day yesterday, with any and all the loves in your life!

This little gem (a winning a while back) hangs outside our front door to remind the world that it is indeed Valentine’s season (just in case there are any wives out there who might let their husbands forget LOL):

93.Valentine hanging

 

For us Valentine’s was an in-and-out day.  Our house is for sale, and somebody wanted to come and take a look.  That meant putting away all the quilting stuff, so it at least looks like a person can find their way through the maze, then out for a bit to vacate the house – took the dog for a walk, which she loved and was good for all of us! – back home for a bite of lunch then out again for a vet appointment (just booster shots) and a few other errands around town, home again for a short while and out for dinner.  We’d been given a wonderful gift card to a local restaurant (which we’d not yet visited), and had a most fabulous, relaxing meal.  Bavarian Haus is the place to go if you’re hungry – we brought home more than half of our entrees!

For Drop and Give Me Twenty (see side bar), I’ve kept to the challenge and done something sewing(-related at least) every day.

Saturday Big Bertha, the quilting machine got set up again for the first time in almost a year.   Right now, can’t show you the quilt that was loaded on Sunday, but every day a little bit more gets done on it.

The backing and batting have been prepared for the next quilt to load onto the machine:

003

And I’ve started work on one of these:

Professional Tote Pattern - Click Image to Close

I am really excited about this one – so far, all the pieces are cut out and some of them have been fused to the interfacing.

And then I look around and see more and more and more that I’ve started and/or want to start!  Just this morning, I found a pattern for a spring welcome banner that I’d like to hang outside soon.  Sigh!  20 minutes for the rest of my life isn’t even going to touch all of this!

Happy challenges!               Blessings, Peg

6 comments:

  1. I love your Valentine hanging ... so cute. And I can't wait to see your Welcome Spring banner. Which makes me think that I should replace our wreaths with banners. There isn't room between our storm door and front door to hang a very thick wreath, which makes finding pretty wreaths almost impossible. A banner would make a pretty replacement ... and no worries about whether it will fit. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband would love the Bavarian Haus. His family is all from Bavaria! It would be like going to Oma's for dinner I bet. The tote looks so useful and practical. Is that quilt top one of yours? Its beautiful. I got my machine back yesterday late afternoon. While the kids are sleeping I will go set it up! See if I can get anything done today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Valentine quilt hanging. Reminds me that I bought that exact pattern when in Vegas 3 years ago. Yikes! Best get on it for next year!
    Awesome quilt top you've got ready to quilt there! Love your color combinations in it!
    Looks like a wonderful tote pattern you've got on the make too!
    Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where are you moving to? I also love your Valentine banner. So cute. A lovely Valentine dinner is nice - hubby made us steak, baked potato and salad. It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read your blogs and I feel guilty about not knitting. I think my knitting muse and my DIY muse don't care for each other - they always seem to be at odds. Again - that quilt is incredible, Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that quilt with the yellow border! I hear you about the 20 minutes a day not even coming close to being enough time to finish everything I want to accomplish!

    ReplyDelete