A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Okay That Worked!

My previous post was a test to see if I could figure out this Bloglovin thing.  It appears to have been successful.  So for any of you who wish to follow – any blog – via Bloglovin, and then for those who may wish to add Bloglovin to your sidebar as an option for your followers:

Here’s what to do:

First, you have to set up an account with Bloglovin.  Go to http://www.bloglovin.com/

image

Click on Signup at the top of the page and follow the directions.

Any of you that already use Google Reader, can then simply ‘import’ your reader list from there into Bloglovin. It’s as simple as that for this step.

Here’s a picture of my screen with the blogs that I follow imported from Google Reader:

image

 

Now for bloggers, to be able to get a Bloglovin button on your sidebar, so future followers (or those who are not currently following through Google Reader) can follow this way:

Go to the Bloglovin post that gives all the directions here (after you’ve set up an account).  This is what the page looks like:

image

The first step is to log in to Bloglovin, then click on Settings/My blog. 

image

Actually, click on your name (see ‘Peg’ in the top right), then click on My Blog

image

Now click on Claim Blog

image

Enter your blog URL

image

Click on the blog name

image

Now you have to copy the text, and paste it into a new blog post.  Here’s a screen shot of my post making this announcement:

image

As you can see, the text that you copied converted to the statement ‘Follow my blog with Bloglovin’.  After that you can click on the Claim Blog button and this screen opens:

image

 

Now to get a button on your sidebar.  On this same page, click on your name on the top right, and select ‘Follow Button’

image

image

Select the button you wish and click on ‘Get this icon’ underneath it.

image

Click on ‘How to put this icon on your blog’ and follow the directions, which are the same as for placing any button using HTML or Java script.  Before you head there, though, copy the text in the box.  When you get to the screen to add the icon, paste in the Content box:

image

And be sure to save!

You’ll be taken back to your Design or Layout page, and you can move the button where you’d like it – I’ve placed my on the bottom right:

image

Again don’t forget to save your placement, and voila, your button is live and working:

image

Hope this helps you all out there!

 

Blessings, Peg

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip, Peg. I have transferred my google reader feed over to Bloglovin now, but will get the button another day (thanks for the step by step info). All this techy stuff tires me out!

    ReplyDelete