A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

C is for

Cat – what else!  After all the clichés in my last post, shouldn’t I go for one more.

Here’s a picture of the applique I plan to do for this one:

AtoZ cat

Cats live usually about 12-15 years.  Our cat is now 15, so every day is a bonus for us.  Cats are the most popular pet in the world, and I’m wondering if this may be because apparently they sleep 13-14 hours per day!  A group of cats is called a clowder – wonder how they come up with these words.

C if also for Clean  Cleaning our sewing machines on a regular basis is great for keeping them going for us to keep on sewing.  From Fons and Porter’s Love of Quilting TV show, I got two cleaning tips.  #1 – pipe cleaners are great for getting into the wee areas underneath the throat plate and pulling out all that lint.  #2 – dental brushes are also great for cleaning in all those little tiny spaces.  Somewhere else a while back I heard that using a shaving brush makes cleaning machines easy, and I have one beside my machine at all times.  It’s great for getting the fuzz from around the needle.

Happy challenge!              Blessings, Peg

2 comments:

  1. I think cats are pretty great, too! My cat, Buddy, gives me lots of blog fodder and I've taken so many pics of him, it's rather ridiculous. He has me well trained, but I love him anyway! ;)

    Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats rock! As you can see, I found your posts. It took a little digging - your entire blog is different now. And your new posts are not showing up in my feed. Who knows how many I've missed.

    ReplyDelete