A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Thursday, April 4, 2013

D is for

Donkey
AtoZ donkey-jenny
Donkeys were once considered a status symbol for those who owned them, kind of like owning a Rolls Royce today.  But by the time of Jesus, the donkey was a pack animal, and His ride into Jerusalem on the back of the donkey was a sign of humility.  Donkeys don’t like to be alone, but are most content in the company of other animals, whether it be other donkeys or any other animals like horses or goats.
D is also for (blow) drier which is useful for getting wrinkles out of batting, again according to Fons and Porter’s Love of Quilting TV show.  I haven’t tried this one out for myself, but it makes sense!

Note: Wednesday Hodgepodge is on Spring Break, but will be back next week

Happy Challenge!               Blessings, Peg

5 comments:

  1. Donkeys don't get enough credit for their important roles as agile pack animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to the meet the challenge! New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge and I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww what a sweet little donkey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have never equated a donkey and a Rolls Royce. Informative post. Thanks for sharing.

    Jenn @Scribbles From Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never knew donkeys were once a status symbol. Interesting. Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete