A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Friday, April 5, 2013

E is for

Elephant

AtoZ elephant

Elephants are the largest land-living mammals in the world.  Baby elephants are called calves, and live inside their mothers for 22 months before they’re born.  Their trunks are used to pick up food or suck up water and pour it into its mouth.

E is also for Erase  (this is not a quilting tip).  Wanting to touch up some scuffed wooden furniture?  Well, erase those scuffs with a walnut:

ATT00019

Happy challenge!                   Blessings, Peg

5 comments:

  1. Hello! Zebras are my favorite animal, but I like elephants a lot, too! They're so sweet.

    Happy A to Z-ing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a neat trick with the walnuts!

    I love elephants. They are fascinating creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A walnut??!! Hey, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the walnut tip for furniture. We sometimes use a brown crayon and a light touch for the same basic effect.

    ReplyDelete