A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Saturday, April 6, 2013

F is for

Frog

AtoZ frog

A frog is an amphibian, which means it can live on land or in water.  Baby frogs are called tadpoles, and live only swimming in the water until they grow up and can hop onto land.  A frog’s tongue is long and strong and sticky, and is how they ‘catch’ their food.

F is also for frogging, something quilters don’t want to do, but find it a necessity at times.  For non-quilters, this is the work coined to describe undoing stitches, as in ‘Rip-it, Rip-it’.  Personally I haven’t found a good way to ‘frog’.  If anybody out there has any tips for this they’d like to share, please do so!  I just couldn’t resist using this word on this post.

Seriously, F is also for fondant/fabric smoother.  When smoothing fabric, for pressing, for cutting, for sandwiching, a fondant smoother could be the ticket (another tip from Fons and Porter’s Love of Quilting).

I don’t actually have one, and am not enough of a baker to want to purchase one, but if you have one at home…….  I actually like to smooth my fabric with my hand, and then I’m sure to feel all the little wrinkles.

Happy challenge!            Blessings, Peg

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I hopping - as in frog - around to see what others are doing for this A to Z April challenge. I usually only blog on the weekend and am having a difficult time coming up with something on the weekday.
    Nice quilt pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not talented when it comes to quilting or sewing or creating such things, but I have 'frogged' before. What a cute term. 'Rip-it, Rip-it' It's never fun to undo something we took so long to do and put so much effort into.

    Have fun with a-z.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandmother cranked out 4 or 5 quilts a year. She was a master. When she died, the quilts stacked in her closet were the main things people asked about.

    Dropping in from A to Z. This is my first year participating.

    Brett Minor
    Transformed Nonconformist

    ReplyDelete
  4. This appliqués are adorable! I'm commenting here for all of them, by the way.

    ReplyDelete