A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Friday, April 12, 2013

K is for

Koala Bear

054

Koala bears (which are not actually real bears), also live in Australia, and like the kangaroo, carry their babies around in a pouch on their tummy until they’re big enough to climb trees on their own.  ‘Koala’ means animal that does not drink, because they rarely drink water but rather get their liquid from the eucalyptus leaves that they eat.

K is also for Keeping things handy.   There are all kinds of boxes and containers and organizers that can be helpful for keeping near at hand those tools and gadgets needed for whatever your hobby might be.  Here are pictures of the two top drawers of my sewing table:

005

This first is of a box from a fishing tackle bag that I bought for another use.  There were 4 of these boxes in the bag, and they’ve been distributed around the house – one for Grizz’s workshop, one for some small craft supplies, one for embroidery floss, and this one.  You can see that various sewing machine feet and needles are prominent in this box, which sits at my left.

008

The drawer at the right has another organizer box, that was a Tupperware craft box from years ago.  In there are spool holders, screw drivers, sewing machine brush, thimble, hand-sewing needles, and I also keep the container for the type of needle currently in the machine right there for quick reference.  This drawer also hold a number of other small tools and gadgets that come in handy.

On the top of my sewing table, behind the machine are these:

006

Scissors, rotary cutters, marking pens and pencils, tracing wheel, tweezers, seam ripper, pincushion, tape measure, glue stick, water ‘jug’ for the irons…….lots of stuff that I seem to constantly be reaching for.  My biggest challenge is remembering to put things back where they belong, so that I can find them when I need them!

Happy handy stuff!               Blessings, Peg

8 comments:

  1. keeping things organized and in the same place makes me a bit more productive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting definition of Koala! I like keeping things handy, too. But i also like having things out of sight (you wouldn't know if lately, though, by the little piles of 'stuff' I have around here!). You are inspiring me to get a little more uncluttered and organized!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The koala is darling- and love your ways to keep order.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to move offices at work today and my new (very old) desk has no drawer!! I need an organizer for all the crap I kept in the drawer of my old desk. Cute Koala!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bear is very cute. Way to keep things organized.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - you are organized girl. I have one of those Tupperware containers in my sewing room that I inherited from my SIL. She was a quilter also and kept small bits and pieces in it. Mine is sitting empty - I guess I should put it to good use as well.

    Cute Koala!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keeping things handily, and organized! Good for you. I keep things handy, but organized, that's another story. LOL. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see that I need to have you come to tidy up my studio, Peg! :) Actually I'm not too bad, but when I'm in the middle of a project, it can look a bit scary! Maybe that's because I'm usually working on more than one thing at a time. Where did I put that rotary cutter .... )

    ReplyDelete