A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

O is for

Octopus

016

We all know that octopi (more than one octopus) have eight arms, but did you know that they have three hearts!?!  Maybe having all that love in their hearts is the reason they have eight arms – that’s just my theory!  Octopi have no bones, so need to live in the water to keep their shape.

O is also for Opening.  This is not quilting related, except maybe when you want to open the packaging for that new quilting tool:

ATT00031

Happy easy opening!             Blessings, Peg

5 comments:

  1. Okay, that's just brilliant! Now I have to go and buy something in one of those stupid un-openable packages and give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute octopus! Good idea about opening those packs - I'm always leery of cutting myself! Will definitely try a can opener next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate packaging! Great idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tip on the packing. I've cut my fingers a time or two trying to get packages opened. Very irritating.

    A-Z

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you know that "octopi" is not technically the correct pluralization of octopus? Since the word originated from Greek and not Latin, the etymological plural is actually "octopodes." But, since it is now regarded as common English, "octopuses" is considered the most correct. Just some trivia for the day. :)

    ReplyDelete