A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

P is for

Panda bear

017

The Panda bears live in China, where bamboo grows.  And Pandas love to eat bamboo, for 12-16 hours every day.  Pandas have black and white fur, but their skin is black under the white fur and pink under the black fur.

P is also for Paper piecing.  I love paper piecing, the accuracy, the shapes, the imagery that it affords.  Yes, it takes time.  Yes, it can get tedious and repetitive.  But the pictures that come out of it!  If you look at the banner at the top of the screen (where, BTW, you’ll see that the name of this blog has been changed – I was in a mood, what can I say), the photo of the quilt on the left is a combination of piecing (the center and borders), paper piecing (the flying geese swirl units), and applique (the swirly units and the black geese).  This was my first attempt at paper piecing, and an early applique project.  The original pattern was pieced, with the black geese only appliqued on top.  It was a sales person in the quilt shop who suggested converting the swirling flying geese to paper piecing and the applique-ing them on top as well.  It was an adventure, but, if I do say so myself, turned out rather well.

Happy paper piecing!              Blessings, Peg

4 comments:

  1. I haven't tried paper piecing yet .. though I want to do it this year. I have a craftsy class to use and thought I would do that. Any tips? suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your work is so gorgeous. Pure art!
    I have a black and white cat who looks like a skinny panda bear:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It just struck me how artistic our family is. I just Googled Paper Piecing and watched a couple of videos. Wow! I think I'll leave it to you experts and stick to knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your animals are so neat! I scrolled through them all hehe.

    -Fellow A to Z-er and PROUD CANADIAN :)

    ReplyDelete