A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sunday Catch-up

It’s a day off from the A to Z Challenge, and time to show you what else has been going on around here.

First, I’ve completed making the first 6 blocks that are my topics for the A to Z:

001

I’m not sure if I told you my plans for all of this – eventually these little applique blocks will become a kids’ quilt, and the ‘facts’ that I’m finding and sharing about each animal are things that I think/hope will be interesting to children to learn about these fascinating creatures.  I hope from here on to show you each day the block I’ve made instead of a picture of what I want to make.

Also completed the March BOM block, which will eventually become a table topper or table runner, not sure which yet:

002

Last Sunday was Easter, and we had a houseful – DS1 and DDIL2 were here from Alberta and my parents came from Kelowna for the weekend, and then we added DS2 and DDIL1, DDIL1’s parents, Grizz’s brother and SIL, sister and BIL, nephews and a girlfriend.  It was a beautiful sunny day, and we spilled into the backyard.001001

And a few had to eat dinner from TV trays

003

A wonderful family time, a perfect day to celebrate our Lord’s resurrection.

On Monday my parents and Grizz and I were invited to share in a family gathering with old friends.  It was a great time to catch up with all of them (well maybe 1/3 of them, they’re a larrrge family), and watch the littles scramble for Easter eggs:

017

016

If you look closely at the picture of grandma/great-gran tossing the eggs, you’ll see the eggs flying through the air and shining in the sun.  Also in the background, you can see Grizz at the table chatting with the family still inside.

Grandma Anne, in the pic above here, was sharing many of God’s blessings in their family.  Most recently, she made a move from living with one of her daughters, to living in her own little apartment.  She had no furniture, or any of the other necessities for setting up in her own household again, but couldn’t stay in the town-house because the stairs were just too difficult.  Just before moving, she got a call from the daughter of a friend who had recently passed away.  The daughter had no need of much of her mother’s belongings and asked if Anne could use some of it – she got a bed, dresser, sofa, small table and chairs, dishes, cutlery, pots and pans….everything she needed.  What a wonderful gift, and as Anne said ‘we can’t out-give God’.

This morning, I was catching up on blog reading, and came across Sideroad Stitcher, where Diane shares the story of Hallie, a 7-year-old Ontario girl with CP, whose family is in need of a wheel-chair accessible van.  I want to encourage all of you to hop on over and read her story, then take a moment to cast your vote for her family.  Maybe we can all be a small part in giving this gift to this family.

Well, as I said earlier, it’s Sunday, a day to rest and reflect and fellowship with other believers, so I’m off to get ready.  May God richly bless all of you!                     Blessings, Peg

3 comments:

  1. Bless you and your readers, Peg. Hallie and her family need all the help and prayers we can give.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing the appliqués all together like that, makes them even more adorable. Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved to hear your heart about your family and grandchildren because I love mine dearly like you. It's a whole different phase in life, one where we can sit back and enjoy the gifts of God and see his hand at work. I too believe that my life has been a journey that is made up of many pieces and I share this in my memoir, Under the Staircase: Hearing God's Voice in the Darkness.
    Thanks for the encouragement and great blog!

    ReplyDelete