A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Wednesday’s Words, and Hodge Podge

It’s back!  I missed it while it was on holiday, but so do enjoy getting to know other bloggers out there, and hope you all enjoy my revelations, too:

1. April 15th is the deadline for Americans to file their state and federal income taxes...what's a job you do on a regular basis that could be described as 'taxing'?
Pressing – unless I’m pressing fabrics and blocks for quilting!  LOL!

2. I'm participating in the April A-Z blog challenge and the Hodgepodge happens to fall on letter O this week. In keeping with that theme...olives, onions, oysters, okra...of the foods mentioned, what's your favorite O food?
Okay, have to say, none of the above, actually can’t think of a food that begins with ‘o’ that I do like

3. What is something memorable you experienced as a child that your own children (or future children/nieces/nephews) will not get to experience?
Camping with my parents.  And we did take our children camping when they were younger, and now two of them still enjoy camping trips regularly.  Looking forward some day to taking grandchildren camping, but it won’t be in a tent like when our kids were young – just too old now to sleep on the ground!

Okay, just discovered I read this wrong, and missed the word, not – but camping is just so much fun, I’m going to leave it this way anyway!

4. Term limits for our elected officials...your thoughts?
Well, when they’re doing a good job, they could stay forever, but when they’re not……

5. On April 18th 1775, Paul Revere made his famous 'midnight ride'....when did you last make a midnight ride?  Perhaps the fate of a nation wasn't hanging in the balance, but tell us where you were headed anyway.

The last midnight ride I remember was back when I was a teenager, and we did an overnight ferry trip outing to Vancouver Island.  In those days, I could actually stay awake all night, but we didn’t see anything of the Island, just rode the ferry and had a good time with the gang!


6. What would freak you out more...a mouse running across your floor or a big fat hairy spider?
Oh, the mouse, for sure, it might even make me say ‘Eeeeek!’

7. I love it when people ask me____________________________.
if I still work.  I think it’s great they think I still look young enough to be out there in the work force!

 
8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Well, I’ve already posted my ‘O’ for A to Z, so I’ll share another tip I picked up.  This one is for summer travellers:

ATT00043

But, don’t tell too many people what you’re doing, or the bad guys will soon figure out to check out those extra lotion bottles!  LOL!

Happy times ahead!                 Blessings, Peg

5 comments:

  1. I agree on the ironing. I don't mind it at all if I'm sewing/piecing. But to iron clothes, no thank you. I enjoy reading your answers and getting to know more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a clever tip! It's a new thing for me to worry about keeping sand out of my phone when I'm at the beach : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post - love learning more about friends. You don't even like Oranges? That is an "O" food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love that tip! Smart idea. Way better than trying your keys to your suit and losing them.

    I've lived in a few rural places where mice are always there, no matter what. I've always had cats so you'd think they wouldn't be a problem.
    But sometimes, the cats AND the mice become a problem together. Especially when the cats chase the mice all over you while you're sleeping in bed. I've been run over by mice too many times to count. As long as they keep moving, I'm fine but it is a bit of a shock to see them. Eeek is right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So if we're in a room and we both scream, either the spider is large, grey and fuzzy or the mouse has eight legs!

    ReplyDelete