A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Good Old Summer Time

 

We’ve had a week of gorgeous sunshine and very, very warm weather.  While I didn’t sit outside and quilt, I did get time to sit outside and read.

Now, after a couple of days of rain, and some very, very stormy weather, it looks like the sun is going to come back!

And we’ll be headed off in a couple of days for our first trailer trip of the year – to Penticton for the CQA quilt show, and hopefully a visit with my parents, then to Alberta to visit our children there.  The last few days has been filled with a lot of sorting and finding and prepping and filling of containers to get the trailer ready to go.  We’ll do the final loading and then off to, hopefully, enjoy some more great weather and just relax.

There will be internet connection at least some of the time, so I’ll try to keep in touch.

Happy summer, happy travels!                 Blessings, Peg

8 comments:

  1. Bon voyage Peg and have a great time at CQA. Will you be in Calgary May 25-26? It's Heritage Parks Festival of Quilts. If so and you go would love to meet up with you. If not, oh well, enjoy your family time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your trip - it doesn't look like we'll have a lot of sunshine down here, just yet. It is pouring rain, and yesterday we had thunder and lightening and RAIN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful trip! Hope the weather warms up for you, and you don't get any snow in Alberta! ;) I have parents and other family in Sherwood Park, so I always hear about the weather and let them know how great the interior of BC's weather (usually) is! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always fun, the days leading up to a trip! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I won't be able to get down for the show. Our local airline, Air North, is going to start flying to Kelowna this week though. If I had been on the ball I could have got a flight right down there! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun traveling. Hubby will be working this summer...so we'll be staying home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will you be in Edmonton? Send me an email and I'll give you my phone number. Maybe we can get together???

    ReplyDelete