A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Wednesday’s Words and Hodgepodge

1. When the children of today grow up, what do you think they'll say about this period in time?  What do you most hope they remember?

I think they’ll remember the opulence in the midst of the poverty – no matter where you look, EVERYBODY has a cell phone and a computer no matter the expense, while the world is in the midst of a recession. 

I hope they can remember family times, and laughter, no matter what the personal circumstances of their lives.


2. National Teacher's Day is celebrated in the US of A on the first Tuesday in May, this year May 7th...share how a particular teacher positively influenced you.
My third grade teacher was a musician and singer, and I wanted nothing more than to be like her.  She led a children’s choir at our church, which I joined, and as I got older had opportunities with other choirs, playing the piano at school and church, and eventually accompanying singers and choirs at church, and even a few times singing with small groups.  Her inspiration led to the fulfillment of dreams.

3. What's a dish your mama made, that if set in front of you today would whisk you right back to childhood?
My mom used to make a soup from cooked potatoes, breakfast sausages and canned tomato soup.  No idea where she got the recipe, and don’t think I’ve had it since I was in grade school, but it would surely bring back those memories of coming in from playing outdoors, and sitting down to hearty meals

 
4.  Mother May I was a game we played when I was growing up...no pieces, parts, or plugs required.  What games from childhood do you remember loving that were also pieces, parts, and plug free?
Red Rover, Red Rover, send …… over.  Those boys could always break through my hands, but I could never break through anybody’s. 

5. Besides your own mother, tell us about a woman who influenced you as a child.
My friend’s mother, wife of our pastor, such a sweet and gentle soul, I wanted to grow up and be just like her, even to being a pastor’s wife (which I’m not!) 

6. Mamma Mia!  What's the best play or musical you've ever seen?
Jesus Christ Super Star – front row seats surely played a huge part in how very very much I enjoyed that.  Not to mention the fact that I remembered most of the songs from my teen years (didn’t see it on stage until I was in my 50s) and could sing along – quietly of course so as not to disturb the listening pleasure of everybody around me LOL!

7. What are three smells that make you feel nostalgic?
I don’t have much of a nose, but turkey, apple pie and campfire smoke

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

It’s not been much of a quilting week around here, but I did finish one.  This was a BOM at our LQS that ended last October – yes, it took me that long to put it all together, borders on, quilting done and finally the binding.  It was such a beautiful day yesterday, that we hung it over our balcony railing:

002

Sadie, of course had to be front and (well, not quite) center.  Lots of fun and lots of challenges in this one.

Happy sunshine days!                 Blessings, Peg

5 comments:

  1. Happy belated nurses's week. My best teacher was my high school chemistry teacher. I was home for a month when a senior, with pneumonia. She sent my work home and even called on the phone to coach me. I finished high school winning a scholarship. I could not have done it without her. Great post Peg
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intereesting - love learning new things about people. The quilt is fabulous. Hello Sadie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is so pretty and your pup is adorable! Red Rover could get a little rough, but it was fun...I wonder if kids are still allowed to play that game?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cheery colours on your quilt. Sadie, is adorable of course! I want to kiss the wrinkle between her ears.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JC Superstar remains one of my favourite movies ever! I know every word to every song. I have the sound track and the VHS version (which I can't part with even if I can't watch it anymore) and now the ability to watch it on Netflix anytime I want. I've seen it at least 50 times, though I've never seen it on stage. It was in PG a few years ago and Ted Nealy was even there! And I missed it.

    ReplyDelete