It’s back again – time to reveal a little more of my life and thoughts! If you want to read more Hodgepodge, please click on the link on my sidebar.
1. Have you learned more from success or failure? Explain.
Probably from my failures, because the problems and consequences stick more in my head, and the feelings …… well you know, I’m sure
2. What did you call your grandparents when you were growing up? If you have children, what do they call your parents? If you have grandchildren, what do they call you?
Grandma and Grandpa seems to be the common thread in our families, all the way around. We don’t have grandchildren yet, but we have had opportunity to discuss this with our kids, and have decided we want to be Nan and Opa, just to be a little differentiated from the other side whenever this happens LOL!
3. You're invited to a luau. In keeping with that theme, what dish will you bring to share?
Well, something with pineapple if I have my choice, but Grizz does most of the cooking around here, and he’d probably research traditional Hawaiian foods and bring something exotic (and complicated).
4. Besides Jesus, what one person's life story do you think everyone should know about?
My first thought is Gandhi, and then I think of Mother Teresa – both lived lives that could teach us all much about loving the world around us.
5. "Don't sweat the small stuff." Agree or Disagree? Why?
Definitely agree – especially if you’re in the middle of raising teenagers. There are so many times when we have to deal with big issues, that it’s just so much easier on everybody to let the small stuff go.
6. June is National Rivers Month. When were you last on a river? What's the prettiest river you've ever seen? What's a river you'd like to see?
Well, if you mean by being ‘on’ a river, actually being in (on a boat or something else) the river water, well that was a river tour in Central America when we were on a Panama cruise five years ago. The prettiest river – the one that first comes to mind is the Colorado River, which we drove along through Massachusetts and Vermont last summer: It was a lovely pastoral view every time we got a glimpse of it – and so much different in this area than it is in Colorado! A river I’d like to see is the Danube – now a couple of years ago I would have said the Mississippi, but we crossed that a couple of times on our trip last year, although both the Danube and Mississippi are on my list of river cruises I’d like to do someday.
7. Speaking of rivers-paddling, fishing, swimming, or bird watching safely from the shore? Which activity would you choose? Yes-you have to choose.
Actually – none of the above. I’d like to just sit beside the river and read a book while Grizz fishes beside me, or float down it on a cruise boat. But if I have to choose one of these – well then bird-watching, except that I am woefully ignorant of most types of birds LOL!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
With vacation time upon us, and Grizz and I heading out with the trailer soon, I think of safety and security while we’re out and about. Here’s a tip for those of you heading to beaches and parks for vacations or day trips:
Happy travels! Blessings, Peg