A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Wineries II

One day four of us went on a little side-trip, and, surprise, surprise, found a couple more wineries:

For Moshin Winery, we had a free tasting coupon, but I spent more time on the sculpture outside:

165.Moshin winery167.Sculpture treasure hunt

Why, you may ask – well, the artists used everything they could find to embellish this Yin/Yang type piece, and posted a ‘treasure hunt’.  I found most treasures, including the peacock, horse, and swan:173.Peacock176169.Swan

The Hop Kiln Winery has an interesting history:

180183185

And it was recommended that we stop at Armida if for no other reason than the view:

186

189

There’s still more to come!     Blessings, Peg

2 comments:

  1. I have a hops vine growing in my garden. I have heard you can cut back the vine in the fall and let the hops dry on the vine to make a beautiful garland.
    I relate hops to beer though. Never heard of them being used for wine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! It sure sounds like you're having a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete