A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Wednesday’s Words and Hodgepodge

It’s Wednesday again – hope you enjoy, and if you want to read more Hodgepodge, please follow the link on my right side-bar.

1. Picture postcards were first printed back in the mid 1800's and deltiology is the official name for postcard collecting. When did you last send a postcard? Receive one? Do you save postcards sent to you?  Do you collect and/or send postcards when you travel?

The last postcards I sent were when we did a cruise through the Panama Canal.  We started from Vancouver, and sent a card from each port along our route to our brother- and sister-in-law (wish you were here).  It was most interesting to discover that the post cards arrived willy-nilly, and some of them even weeks after we got home!

2. What treat do you most like to indulge in while on vacation?

Lazy breakfasts – just sitting and relaxing with no time constraints to getting the day going

3. Are you good at hiding your feelings?

No – I make a really lousy poker player!!

4. Does your town/city/county still deliver phone books to your home?  Do you check the yellow pages when searching for a local business number or has the Internet replaced the phone book in your house?

We still get locally-printed phone books, which are actually a fairly recent production.  The phone company also sends out phone books, which seem to concentrate on Yellow Pages.  But, the internet is so handy for finding phone numbers, we often forget about the books, and really the internet is more current.

5. Would you rather be first or last?

Well, I love winning so then I want to be first, but I don’t like leading, so then I want to be last (or at least somewhere in the middle)

6. July is National Park and Recreation Month (in America, but everyone can still play along)...where and when were you last in a park? Did you participate in any recreational activities while you were there?

Just last week we were in Manning Provincial Park, and the most recreational we get these days is a short stroll, which we did around the Alpine Meadows there.

PicMonkey Collage

7. What was one of your worst ideas?

That would probably be the impulse to have a sports car – when kids were all driving their own vehicles, and I thought it would be fun to have a sports car just for us.  So we got a TR7, commonly known as ‘the wedge’!  It was cute, it was interesting – most interesting when we tried to get in and out of it.  Now that was worth a big belly laugh!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

In these summer days, the quilting groups and guilds tend not to be meeting, but that doesn’t stop quilters.  Especially this summer, when the two disasters that occurred in this country have got many working to make quilts to send to the victims.  But without meetings, where do we Show and Tell?  Well, there’s always our blogs

And then, Quilting Gallery, has it’s weekly Show and Tell – where quilter’s can show the quilts they’ve made, and as a bonus, there’s a give-away for both quilter’s submitting their photos, and for those who vote for the quilts.   This weeks’ theme is scrap quilts.  So I decided to submit a couple of quilts, and they’ll be up for viewing on Friday.  If you want to see them, and coincidentally vote for my quilts, please visit the Quilting Gallery blog over the weekend.  Who knows, you might win the give-away.

Here’s a sneak preview of my submissions:

Scraps for the Road                       Star Light Star Bright

94.Trailer quilt003

Enjoy the show!                        Blessings, Peg

4 comments:

  1. Interesting notes - and the quilt photos are great - you are so good at making progress, even in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a TR7? Wow! Remember your old Charger? I loved that car - even if it was yellow with a green plaid interior!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love getting to know people better through these simple questions. I collect old postcards with Santas on them. I have even done a bit of research on the two people named on one of them....an 7 year old boy sending the Christmas postcard to an older 9 year old girl down the street. It was precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes, I still send postcards, in fact, I belong to Postcrossing.com and send them as often as I think of it. I also send postcards to family members frequently, my mom and sister do the same.

    ReplyDelete