A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Monday, August 19, 2013

How Time Flies

Somehow the days just get away from me, and I find blogging has taken a back seat – again!  Honestly, I’m not sitting around doing nothing, and here’s some proof:

Border print

I didn’t know what I was going to do with the border print I bought a little while ago, but I just couldn’t leave it behind.  Then a few days ago, I thought of a couple of quilts I’d seen lately, and started digging around in my stash for colors to coordinate with the print, created the wonky strips, added the coordinating border and…..a small lap quilt.

Now I have a few tops waiting to make their way onto Big Bertha for quilting – one at a time, and they’ll all be done!

In the meantime, we had to make a run to ‘town’.  When we say that, we could mean:

  • to one of the stores in our little town
  • to shop in the nearby city about 20 minutes away
  • into the big city about 1.5 hours away

This time we just needed a couple of things we could get nearby, but our little town is being transformed into a bigger town.   Most of our shopping happens on the main street here:002

Across from this is a park, where a number of community activities and the summer market happen.  But that now looks like this:

004

A film set is being built, complete with a ‘temporary’ sidewalk (looks permanent enough to me!) for the upcoming new TV show Wayward Pines.  We understand that there will be some temporary transformation of the existing store fronts, and access to this street will be limited when they’re shooting.  But in the meantime, it’s interesting watching the process.  So watch for us, when you see the show, coming probably sometime next year.  But sorry, you missed the casting call for extras!!!!

Happy lazy summer days!            Blessings, Peg

6 comments:

  1. WEll, isn't that exciting? Wayward Pines? Sounds like a cemetery for for bad people! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some years back they shot a movie in Lacombe and the main streets were 're done' it was a fun time in town...and some of the buildings still have the signs out from from the movie!1...although we have become a city now... (ya right!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well how fun! I am loving these lazy summer days

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I visit your blog I am in awe of all the work you get done and the visits you take. I love to see your photos of all you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks very exciting! Films always look so real, but often they are just scaffolding dressed up!
    I'm interested to see what you do with your fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not for one minute think you were doing nothing. I knew you were busy making pretty things. Love that lap quilt. Our town is getting set up for a TV shooting for a program on HGTV, I think that is the show. or maybe it is for the cooking network. They are filming one of the home cooking restaurants and a big community celebration featuring special BBQ recipes etc. Always something good going on in The Most Beautiful Small Town in America.

    ReplyDelete