A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Saturday, August 10, 2013

It Rained Last Night!

Who knew??  It’s a blessed relief from the heat, not that I’m complaining about the sunshine or anything.

I’ve just realized it’s been 2 weeks since I’ve posted, not that there’s nothing going on, but I think the heat (and just being summer time) has made me lazy.

But some things have been accomplished, and I now have several quilt tops ready for sandwiching and quilting:

First up, I saw a similar quilt at a show not too long ago and wanted to try it out for myself – a good-sized table topper:

027

Scraps left from another quilt turned into a nice cuddle blanket:

028

A set of 6 inch squares, a gift from friends when they visited Hawaii a few months ago became another table topper:

029

And some left-over squares made perfect placemats – great for summer time:

030031

But I needed batting to be able to get going with these projects, and this arrived after my neighbor made a trip to a quilting wholesaler:

032

So now I’m ready to go, but if the weather is cool for a day or two, maybe some outside work needs to be done.

Happy happy coolness!                Blessings, Peg

2 comments:

  1. It rained two mornings in a row now - and it has cancelled our hike/picnic to Bay View twice - I'm not at all pleased.

    I've heard so many talk of the hot weather we've been having - and it has been consistently pleasant down here - sunny and nice and warm, but very very pleasant. We've spent a lot of time on the deck and my flowers are loving the weather too. Wonder why it is hot other places nearby and not here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fish quilts are so fun! And yes, that yard work just keeps waiting, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete