A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Sunday, September 8, 2013

And…….Action!

A couple of days ago, I headed out to pick up a few groceries and stop at the drugstore.  Our little town center has been (almost) completely transformed.
The Red Apple is still there:
013
But the print shop is now the Wayward Pines Chamber office:
005
The Deli is now called the Meat Market:
006
The beauty salon is now a Yoga Studio:
007
The pharmacy is now a Feed Store:
011
The auto parts store is becoming a bank, the laundromat is still just that, but the restaurant next to it (far left) is now a dentist’s office:
014
And miraculously we now have a movie theater (oh, how I wish):
021
Across the street, new businesses now exist, at least from the outside.
French’s General Store:
009
Wayward Pines Hotel, and a hardward store (The Drill and Nail):
010
A shoe store:
017
A bike shop, hobby shop, and sidewalk café/candy store:
018
A florist:
020
The newspaper office is now a restaurant with outdoor patio:
012
The fencing surrounds, and hides, the parking lot.
There was still some building going on, but filming in the completed sections has begun.  So, twice I was stopped and held captive, once behind one of the fences, and once in the ‘feed store’.  While in the store I got a little piece of the action:
016
Our local paper says the first episode is a ‘wrap’.  Filming for now has ended, but we’re told they’ll be back!  Apparently the show will be on FOX, starting next year sometime. Here’s a little blurb I found on the ‘net:
A Secret Service agent goes to Wayward Pines, Idaho in search of two federal agents who have gone missing in the bucolic town. He soon learns that he may never get out of Wayward Pines alive.
Creator:
Chad Hodge
Stars:
Matt Dillon, Carla Gugino, Terrence Howard

And talking of action, there’s been a bit of action on the home front.  Grapes have been harvested, and there’s a nice batch of jelly done:
DSCN9877
And the log-cabin quilt blocks are all together. 
DSCN9878
Since this picture was taken I’ve sewn together pairs.  Only another 31 seams to go and the center will be complete.
Happy busy days!                   Blessings, Peg

12 comments:

  1. How strange to see all those 'changes'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hopefully when it's over, the stores keep the facelift! How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - sounds like lots of fun happening all around you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting, living in Wayward PInes! Lol. Love your log cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word, I'm in love with that quilt! I love, love, love log cabin quilts (as well as two-color quilts), but this log cabin setting is beyond stunning! I'm going to make a note of that for the next log cabin I make!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is amazing the changes they make for filming. My father lived in Hope when they filmed the first Rambo movie and there were whole streets that were created where nothing existed before.
    Grape jelly...mmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a lot of fun! But the set designers are clearly missing something important - a quilt shop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is being filmed in your town? sounds kind of exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed reading your post on all the changes done to your town..... LOL especially liked the part about the movie theatre... I shall have to remember to keep an eye out for that on fox, how exciting to have it filmed near you!

    Enjoy and thanks for sharing, Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  10. You wonder, with all the changes they make and all that it costs - why they just don't make movies on sets - sure would be cheaper - and Idaho in BC?

    Love the log cabin quilt - I'm making more pickle relish today - made apple butter this weekend - and this will be the last of my canning for this summer - the pantry shelves are sagging.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's kind of exciting to have something filmed in your town.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As you can tell, I'm catching up. I should be preparing for our annual Halloween Sleepover at which I will appear as a Stick Figure, but I'm not! How confusing for tourists... "Honey, we must have taken a wrong turn at Albuquerque. We're in Idaho, not BC." So might we catch glimpses of you in the show?

    ReplyDelete