A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Flying Geese

Yesterday I was out in the yard doing some clean-up, when I heard a noise.

I followed the noise, up, way up, in the sky, and this is what I saw:

Not having my camera right beside me, and knowing the geese would be gone before I got inside and back out again, I stole borrowed this picture from the internet. 

I love fall, the colors, the crisp air, the sounds of the geese (going where I wish I could go for a little while).

And isn’t this a good time to use Flying Geese in a quilt?  This is the closest I’ve come lately:

DSCN9936_thumb[1]

A little fuzzy, sorry, but that’s what happens when you try to enlarge a small piece of a picture.  Anyway, this is Circle of Geese, one of Linda’s Stashbuster blocks.

A number of years ago, I did this wall-hanging for my mother:003. Flying geese.jpg

The Flying Geese strips are paper pieced, my first foray into that method, then appliqued on top of the background.

Happy fall!                   Blessings, Peg

7 comments:

  1. fall - particularly this year - is fabulous! love the piece you did for your mother

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Cranes used to fly over our house in France, noisy things! It was wonderful to see the V formation they flew in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is stunning!!!!!! I love the birds in flight. This might even cause me to come out of quilt hibernation - but then I don't have a pattern. Wheww

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my ... I love those flying geese quilts! That wall hanging is especially stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colours of fall, but not the shorter days. I don't even mind the cold, if it would just stay light longer.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours this fall have been spectacular and you are right...this is the perfect time of year for flying geese!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That patch looks like a square pie! It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete