A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

It Must be Fall

When the quilt shows start to abound.  There were two in our area this past weekend, and my Sis-in-law joined me.  Here’s a sampling of what we saw:

002

003004

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

005

006007008010

 

 

This little biker was embarrassed to be seen at a quilt show, even with a Harley quilt:

009011012016017018019021

There were lots of Jelly Roll 1600 (Race) quilts this year.  I overheard somebody recently say that they knew of a quilter who built one of these tops in 45 minutes.  Have you done one?  What is your fastest time?  I’ve done a couple – took me about 1.5 hours if I remember correctly.

020

At the local yarn and needlework shop display, they had their own version of a patchwork quilt.  I wanted the pattern, but it only came with a kit, so I took a closer look.  It’s literally knitted squares, sewn together, placed on point.  I think I can even do that!!!!  Just might need a lesson from my knitter sister how to make the set-in triangles on the edges. 

013

But if you need any further proof that fall has arrived, just take a look at the colors around.  This is the tree in our front yard:022

The colors are much more rich in real than they show in this picture, and make me want a quilt in that color.

Happy inspiration!             Blessings, Peg

5 comments:

  1. Tom and I just retrieved all our quilts out for the winter. So much better than a blanket. Those are truly works of art. One in autumn colors would be so cozy. So glad you are still blogging. I seem to miss those who have gone on Facebook, You always show up on my blog favorites when there is a new post. Good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful collection of quilts, all so different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I'm fighting the urge to go buy fabrics in the rich, lovely fall colors! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice... I just read the Quilters Apprentice...loved the book...and made me REALLY want to quilt:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Entrelac isn't difficult, but it is tedious. I can show you how to do it. It's not my favourite technique. That black and orange (jelly roll, did you call it?) quilt is amazing.

    ReplyDelete