A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Saturday, October 26, 2013

YES!

I got it – woke up yesterday morning with Disappearing 9 Patch in my head.  Oh, that’s what I can do for that baby quilt. 

First I want to thank all of you who suggested ways to get over quilter block.  Good ideas all, and I’ll certainly be tucking them away for future reference.

So after another look at some fabrics that I already have, I started looking around the web for D9P patterns and tutorials – don’t you just love the web for all the information and ideas that are right at hand!

Anyway, in my Pinterest pictures, found Fractured 9 Patch, from Linda’s Quiltmania site, complete with tutorial:

Linda's Quiltmania: Fractured Nine Patch, featuring Coma

And I set to work measuring and cutting, then sewing and I’m getting there.  The fabrics are Dr. Seuss.  Today, I’ll put together the last of the 9-patch blocks, then begin the fracturing process.

So happy to be back at the drawing board sewing machine again.

Pictures in a couple of days!               Blessings, Peg

4 comments:

  1. Good morning Peg. This will be cute in Dr. Seuss prints. I've made this quilt and its easy ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I've never had "quilter's block" as I've got a list of quilts a mile long to make some day. I'm pretty sure I could pull one out of the list - but I will go check out the suggestions - just in case. ;-)

    Can't wait to see this quilt finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well... ignore that last comment. Seems you're out of the block and heading up the straight stretch. Can't wait to see the results, but I'm betting on a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you have found your way and your enthusiasm!

    ReplyDelete