A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Christmas is Really Coming

And we know that for sure when the first Christmas Craft Fair opens its doors.  We went to one yesterday:004005006

Oh, the goodies!  Oh, the ideas!  So many lovely items I wanted to take home!  But this was all I bought:

009These won’t actually be used for Christmas decorations, but rather to put on the table outside our front door – in January.  I like to recognize the seasons with front door deco, and these will just do the trick for January.  I’m considering these a birthday gift.

Today is actually my birthday, and the snowmen weren’t my first gift.  A few days ago, Grizz had his first outing when he could drive himself.  He brought these home for me:

010

We put them in our bedroom because it’s cooler there and they might last a little longer that way.  I’ll bring them out to put on the table when the kids come for dinner tonight.

The cool rainy weather has set in, but we’ve had a few reprieves.  On one, I headed out the back door and discovered:

001

These may be the last of the roses to come in the house, and I couldn’t cut the stems very long, because there’s more out there.  I wanted to give them the chance to bloom if it’s going to happen.  It’s a little dicey, because it may get too cold to properly prune back the bush before these bloom.  Oh, well, will enjoy them as long as I can.

On another reprieve, the sun hung a rainbow across the hill just a little way off.  We managed to get this picture:003

The rainbow seemed to make the colors on the hill just that much more brilliant.  I love rainbows, they always remind me of the promises of God.

Happy promises!                      Blessings, Peg

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Peg!
    Your roses are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birthday Blessings to you, Peg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday! How nice that Grizz is able to get out now on his own - and brought you home some lovely roses to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very happy birthday Peg! Grizz, your roses, the rainbow...blessings all, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm relatively (Ha-ha! No pun intended, Sis!) sure that I forgot your birthday on your birthday. My bad. So happy belated birthday. The roses are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete