A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Friday, November 29, 2013

Friday Finishes

The last 3 quilts that were waiting for binding are now done:

This first one is made from a picture I took at a quilt show.  I used some fruit/veggie fabrics I had left over, threw in a couple more that were kind of related to make a picnic quilt.  This is my first attempt at quilting feathers, and I’m not too unhappy with it – better with practice, I hope:

001

This one is from fabrics from Hawaii that a friend had given me.  A great summer time table topper:

003

Last fall Lee at Lala’s Lovelys hosted a winter-white block swap, and I put the blocks together with some machine-embroidered snow flakes to make a table topper:

005

Yesterday I finished up the top on a red-and-cream sampler using the Stash-buster blocks from Linda’s Quiltmania.  It will go on Bertha today, and hopefully come off by tomorrow, so I can finish up binding and gift it next week.

Happy finishes!                   Blessings, Peg

5 comments:

  1. I really like the effect of the first quilt, that is so neat.
    Your blue snowflake is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have been busy. Can't wait to see the red and cream sampler finished. Post to flickr please!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny enough I pulled out the Winter White blocks yesterday and told myself I really need to do something with them. Your table topper looks great. I think I was dreaming of different settings last night. Congrats on the finishes. Don't it feel good??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your finishes are lovely, Peg. Perfect timing for your snowflakes topper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - that is a lot of fabulous finishes!

    ReplyDelete