A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Going Green

My niece is a very clever crafter, and a huge fan of renew/reuse/recycle.  On her blog, Waste Not, she recently posted a great idea for making a Christmas garland that can be used for tree trim, house decoration, gift wrap decoration.  And would be a wonderful project for kids.  Take a look:

She’s posted a full tutorial for this.

If you visit her blog, you’ll find she has lots of ideas for being ‘green’.  Last month she posted an idea for using toilet paper rolls to make small packaging.  She says there’ll be more ideas coming as Christmas gets closer.

Happy no-waste Christmas prep!          Blessings, Peg

3 comments:

  1. Hello Peg, things are looking good in your neck of the woods. I finally felt like doing a post today. Been under the weather with allergy flare up. I used toiled paper rolls last year for gifts of jewelry I made. Turned out good. My creative juices are slow flowing these days gotta get back in the swing for the holidays. Have a good week.
    Southern Peg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is completely amazing! I love her creative ideas and passion for being Green. (It really isn't easy!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonder if you'll see this - I really am amazed at all of the ideas that Bizz comes up with.

      Delete