A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Quilting with Love

As all quilters know, quilts are made with love.  Sometimes it’s love for the craft, but I think more often than not, it’s love for the recipient.  For me, personally, as I’ve become a more confident quilter, it’s the love for the person who will use the quilt that drives me more than just creating.  Sometimes a quilt starts ‘just because’ but then I discover a person or a purpose, and the creation is that much more special for me.

Today on FB, this little vignette was posted, from the National Film Board of Canada.  Follow this link to watch it – I’m sure it’ll bring tears (of love) to your eyes as it did mine.

Blessings, Peg

7 comments:

  1. That was such a sweet story - thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I joined another swap and am making x and + blocks. My new daughter in law came into my sewing room and right away said OH I love those! It motivates me to keep going knowing it will be hers when it's done. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just watched that film. So touching. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay! Several Kleenex later, I have to say, NFB hit it right on the nose! Quilt = Love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, that was so sweet, so moving, so powerful - thanks for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just watched this video last night. It is definitely what we are going through with our Oma. she needs to downsize sooner rather then later. Maybe I should make her a memory quilt too, lord knows she has stuff from the "old' country too!

    ReplyDelete