A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Monday, December 16, 2013

Monday’s ‘Musement

I laughed till I peed my pants!

I guess, according to this, I’m not a real woman. 

My house is only clean for the first 5 minutes after I clean it, and I refuse to clean every 5 minutes.  Organized – well, yes, if nobody else moves anything from where I put it. 

I’m dressed…..by noon each day, well-dressed only on occasion.  And my hair only looks ‘done’ for the first 5 minutes after I leave the hairdresser, and then it’s anybody’s guess what the style is.

I behave gracefully for the first 5 minutes in all circumstances, other than that, well, let’s just say I have my own way of doing things.   And, yes, I’ve been known to swear, but let’s not go there!

Patience – well, sigh, if I have to wait, have to understand, have to tolerate, have to agree for 5 minutes…..then yes, I have all the patience in the world, and I smile through it all, yes, I do, that smile is painted on my face and nobody and nothing will take it away for at least 5 minutes.  There’s always something nice about everybody in the first 5 minutes after meeting them, isn’t there???

It’s a dream, and I can aspire to a dream, and dream that it’ll come true someday.  In the meantime, I just keep trying.  Maybe someday I’ll get there.

Happy dreams!                  Blessings, Peg

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this post - but I find it a bit funny - you don't seem at all the way to me that you described yourself - well the organized part fits. Loved the poster too - but of so impractical. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up! You are a 5 min lady. Whoever could be all and do all those things is not a quilter.

    ReplyDelete