A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday’s ‘Musement

As a quilter, I love the craft, but as much as the craft, I love to share it with others – making things that they can use, that will hopefully bring a little cheer into their lives.

I often wonder, no matter what people say, how such gifts are received.  I know my taste isn’t necessarily their taste, that the things I would treasure won’t necessarily be treasured or even used by the recipient.

But make them I must – if for no other reason than that the design or pattern just calls out to me to be made.  So my latest philosophy is – once given, I no longer have ownership.  I’ve done what I thought I should and wanted to do, made and presented a gift, it now belongs to the giftee and it’s his or hers to do with as he or she will.

I must say, though, I don’t think I’d quilt a prom dress!!!!

Happy gifting!                    Blessings, Peg

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you. I used to stress over whether people really liked what I made and then I had to let it go. I had fun designing, planning and quilting it so that's what it is all about.
    Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so right, but after making a quilt, even if it is a gift, I still feel some "ownership", and it would be hard to see someone not care for it. Have enjoyed reading your posts, thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is one of the hardest lessons to learn for any gift you give! I have been on both sides of this dilemna and i think it is hardest to recieve a gift that does not suit...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is sooo cute! I laughed out loud. My aunt made my prom dress, and my wedding dress, but both were entirely what I wanted them to be.

    ReplyDelete