A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Saturday, January 25, 2014

New Beginnings–a Linky Party

My blogger friend, Thea at California Dreamin’, has started a Linky Party – New Beginnings, a place to showcase a new beginning each month this year.

For myself, I have a whole list of ‘new beginnings’ for this year.  And, of course, each of those will (hopefully) become a ‘new finish’

So, I’ve linked up – do you want to join in?  Head on over and add your blog to the list, we’d love to see what your new beginnings are!

My new beginning this month is a kid’s story quilt.  This is a pattern I dreamt (literally) up myself a few years back, and quickly did a proto-type and wrote out the instructions.  Then last year I joined in the April A-Z Challenge and made a number of applique animal blocks.  I’ve combined the two, and this is on my design wall now:

 

004

Here’s a couple of the animal blocks behind the letters:

005

I’m going to try for a finish a month, and this month I have a quilt (top left over from last year) all sandwiched waiting for quilting.  Fingers crossed I get to it in the next few days; once I start it won’t take long and then (hopefully) I’ll have a January finish to show you.

Happy linking party!              Blessings, Peg

6 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting... I may just join up... have to download some of my beginnings....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet. I love making up my own patterns ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great! I remember all the animals last year and i wondered what you were going to do with them. Cool to see it coming together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quilt you dreamt up is going to be absolutely adorable! I can't wait to see it when you put it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful start, can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you came up with that design all by yourself! I am supper impressed and I love what you have created so far. It will be lovely when it is all done. It has been nice getting to know you.

    Hugs
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete