A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A Legend Passes On

Just learned that Shirley Temple Black, famous child actor, later teen actor, then eventually a diplomat, has died.

I loved her movies as a child, and still enjoy watching one occasionally.  She was an amazingly talented, bright child, and brought such joy to so many lives, especially in the Depression years.  According to what I read, her talent and charming smile also saved Fox studio from bankruptcy – that’s a lot on a little girl’s shoulders.  Apparently she made as many as 11 films in a year at the start when she was but 5 or 6 years old.  And in 2006 was awarded the Screen Actors Guild Lifetime Achievement Award – well earned!

Some memorable photos:

A legend passes on – but we’ll still have her movies to watch over and over and over again.

3 comments:

  1. Your post this morning brought back memories of my childhood. We keep losing more of the ones that made wonderful movies. I don't know about you but I still enjoy the oldies the best.Have a wonderful day. Shirley@shirleystitches

    ReplyDelete
  2. if there is any connection between us. It's Shirley. I am a new GYB party . I leave a comment over there. But, I want to thank you for sharing her photos. I loved Shirley, I had her dolls and movies. and enjoyed her movies all my life. If death has to come. she couldn't have gone to heaven at a more given time. America loved little sweetheart and left us with memories irreplaceable. Happy Valentines day Shirley and new blog member.

    ReplyDelete