Facebook is a source for learning
Most mornings, I start my day by getting in touch with the world via my computer. Emails first, to make sure there’s nothing urgent that will need my attention. Once I’ve dealt with all of those, I head on over to Facebook – again to touch bases with family and friends, many of whom I rarely see. It really is a great place to keep up with happenings, who’s on vacation, who’s having children and grandchildren, who’s changing jobs or retiring.
But it’s the education I get there that fascinates me.
Like – 20 ways to use Coke (for other than drinking and upsetting your stomach):
1. Removes grease stains from clothing and fabric
2. Removes rust; methods include using fabric dipped in Coke, a sponge or even aluminum foil. Also loosens rusty bolts
3. Removes blood stains from clothing and fabric.
4. Cleans oil stains from a garage floor; let the stain soak, hose off.
5. Kills slugs and snails; the acids kills them.
6. Cleans burnt pans; let the pan soak in the Coke, then rinse.
7. Descales a kettle (same method as with burnt pans)
8. Cleans car battery terminals by pouring a small amount of Coke over each one.
9. Cleans your engine; Coke distributors have been using this technique for decades.
10. Makes pennies shine; soaking old pennies in Coke will remove the tarnish.
11. Cleans tile grout; pour onto kitchen floor, leave for a few minutes, wipe up.
12. Dissolves a tooth; Use a sealed container…takes a while but it does work.
13. Removes gum from hair; dip into a small bowl of Coke, leave a few minutes. Gum will wipe off.
14. Removes stains from vitreous china.
15. Got a dirty pool? Adding two 2-liter bottles of Coke clears up rust.
16. You can remove (or fade) dye from hair by pouring diet Coke over it.
17. Remove marker stains from carpet. Applying Coke, scrubbing and then clean with soapy water will remove marker stains.
18. Cleans a toilet; pour around bowl, leave for a while, flush clean.
19. Coke and aluminum foil will bring Chrome to a high shine.
20. Strips paint off metal furniture. Soak a towel in Coke and lay it on the paint surface.
Recipes that will for sure blow your diet:
A SLICE OF HEAVEN CAKE!
1 package devil's food chocolate cake or german choc. cake mix
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 jar caramel topping
1 8oz tub cool whip
4-5 snickers bar (my preference) you can use skor, heathbar, or mini reeses
Bake the cake according to directions in 9x13 inch pan. Cool for 5 minutes, using the handle of a wooden spoon poke holes into cake, then let cake cool for abit about an 1/2 hour til warm. Slowly pour sweetened milk over cake, letting it soak into holes, then drizzle caramel over the cake.
Let cake cool completely (you may refrigerate it to cool faster just cover well). Top cake with cool whip, decorate with candy & drizzle with caramel!!
Health tips for a longer life:
Drinking water at a certain time maximizes its effectiveness on the body
2 glasses of water after waking up - helps activate internal organs
1 glass of water 30 minutes before a meal - helps digestion
1 glass of water before taking a bath - helps lower blood pressure
1 glass of water before going to bed - avoids stroke or heart attack
How to make memories (I can’t wait to start doing this):
12 things Canadians have to be Proud of?
1. Smarties (not sold in the USA )
2. Crispy Crunch, Coffee Crisp (not sold in the USA )
3. Baseball is Canadian - 1st game June 4, 1838 - Ingersoll, ON
4. Hockey is Canadian
5. Basketball is Canadian
6. Apple pie is Canadian, and so are Nanaimo bars
7. Mr. Dress-up beats Mr. Rogers
8. Tim Hortons beats Dunkin' Donuts (still, even though Timmies is now owned by a US company)
9. We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, zippers – and velcro, insulin, and the telephone..
Also short wave radios which save countless lives each year.
10. We have ALL frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell about it.
11. A Canadian invented Superman.
12. We have coloured money.
For me of course – quilting tips:
Quilting Tip: Panels are the perfect medium to practice your free motion quilting, without spending a lot of time piecing a quilt top first!
And I do enjoy (some of ) the jokes and funnies, it’s great for a chuckle at the beginning of the day!
And what better way to start the day than with a laugh or two!
Happy learning and laughing! Blessings, Peg