A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Thursday, August 7, 2014

I Have a Niece

Actually I have several, all talented unique lovely young women, but today I want to tell you about just one of them.

B is very smart – once figured out some kind of math behind some kind of physics that we use every day (I’m lucky to figure out the math behind my bank account); very crafty – spins and weaves and knits and creates all kinds of things; very ecologically-minded – saves and reuses and recycles absolutely everything that she can.

Earlier this year, B moved to Nanaimo BC and promptly got a job in a quilt shop, Serge and Sew.  She had made a quilt or two in the past, and I’d thought she’d done a great job on them.  Well, here’s the picture of one she just recently made for a shop sample:

I think that’s worth a WOW or two, don’t you!

So if you’re ever over in Nanaimo, look up Serge and Sew, I’m sure you won’t be disappointed in their offerings.

Happy to have nieces (and nephews, too)!             Blessings, Peg

6 comments:

  1. That is definitely a 'Wow'!
    We went to Nanaimo many years ago, such a lovely part of BC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did a great job! I will stop in next time I'm there ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I would have had time to visit that shop while in BC last month. That quilt is lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a WOW quilt. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt looks great! Isn't it nice to have another quilter in your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow indeed! That must have taken forever to stitch together. What precise piecing!

    ReplyDelete