A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Monday, October 6, 2014

Scrap Happy

At home, tidying up the last bits of end-of-summer work, waiting for ‘the call’ (baby now overdue), and getting in a little bit of sewing.

Two scrappy quilts, going for charity:004

Front and back of this one both scrappy:

003002

Just need to finish sewing the binding down on both.  So this will actually mean two starts AND two finishes for October already!

And now loading up an old quilt on Bertha.  This one my mother made for us about 40 years ago.  It’s well used, getting thin, and I took it apart a few months ago to re-sandwich and quilt.  The plan is to preserve it for the future.  So I’ll pick away at this for the next while, and I think when it’s done I’ll actually label it.

001

This is the biggest quilt I’ve ever tried to do on Bertha – wish me luck!

Blessings, Peg

4 comments:

  1. Wow - two starts and two finishes in one month - whoo-hoo!

    Lovely that you are rescuing the quilt your Mom made for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting waiting, so hard to do - but soon a new baby - what fun. Love the old quilt - and the scrappy ones too - just love scrappy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you and Bertha a lot of luck! And some patience as you wait for "the call".

    ReplyDelete