A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Friday, November 21, 2014

So What HAVE I Been Up To?

Playing with babies!!!

That’s just about it.

We headed back to Alberta to give our DS-J and DDIL-K a hand with their new baby.  K had a c-section and that combined with the lack of sleep that comes with a new baby, made things rather difficult for her.

This was, of course, not a hardship for us!  We gladly look for excuses to head to Alberta to help out any time, but especially now with the babies both out there…..

LW, born in October, is an absolute sweetheart, and just so very cuddly.  And during the two weeks we were there, he began to get the hang of going back to sleep in the middle of the night, and spending more of his day-time hours awake and delighting his parents’ and grand-parents’ hearts.138.4 wks

And then there were the times we were able to play with LV.  She was born in May and is performing just exactly as a six-month-old should.  Rolling and sitting and jumping in her jolly-jumper and starting to eat solids and laughing and chatting and squealing and for sure making her parents and grand-parents laugh with the pure joy of it all.  She even started swimming lessons!

324.First snow

It was a totally wonderful two weeks, and it was with great reluctance that we headed home.  But, home is where we need to be now.  With only 5 weeks until Christmas, and all that baking and shopping and decorating and gift-wrapping to do we really need to be here.  Besides, our kids really don’t need their parents hovering over them for weeks on end, right?  Tell me I’m right, and should listen to my head not my heart all the time.

Anyway, now that we’re home, we’re going to get started on some long-awaited renos in the house.  Nothing too major for the most part, and picking away at it one room at a time.  First up – painting and new floors in the spare bedroom.  That might be all we get done before Christmas, but it’s at least a start.

This, of course, means that quilting will be mostly set aside for the time being (also have a baby’s x-stitch Christmas stocking to get done, hopefully, in time).  Right now I’m so thankful that most Christmas shopping is done as I try to keep eyes open throughout the year and pick things up as I see them.

Anyway, that’s our recent activity in a nut-shell.  Will try to catch up with you all as I work through my blog reading list with some level of concentration.

Blessings, Peg

5 comments:

  1. Aren't grandchildren a delight. I think that since you live away from them, when you are together you get to spend lots of time. With my grandkids who live close by, I sometimes don't see them for several weeks. Of course they are older and have school and other activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely time you must have had! But you are right to step back now, though its hard for you!
    Gorgeous babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sooooo looking forward to one day becoming a Grannie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Peg! How wonderful that you can do that. Glad all is going well with the new babe. She's darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what sweetness - double sweetness. It is nice that they will get to grow up together - cousins are so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete