A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Friday, December 12, 2014

Aah–That Felt Good

A day at a spa?  No, actually time with Brenda (sewing machine).

After a fairly lengthy separation, we finally got back together, albeit for just a short time, but it was goo-ood!

So what was the result of our joint adventure:

035

This little ‘tree’ has gone to a friend in a care facility.  Saw this first on Renata’s blog A Loose Bobbin and she very graciously shared the pattern with me.

But I’ve not been idle.  This week in review:

Monday – bake butterhorns, sew the ‘tree’

Tuesday – a day for shopping and lunch with friends

Wednesday – bake tarts and squares, deliver the ‘tree’

Thursday – bake cookies

Today – will be candy making day

And I still haven’t done my Christmas cards and letters!!!

Happy makin’ and bakin’             Blessings, Peg

6 comments:

  1. The little tree is adorable. You sound like you have had a fruitful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a busy but fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Peg! That tree turned out wonderfully. Your friend is sure to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas is a busy time...but isn't it a fun time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the tree! Such an interesting design, Peg and one I've not seen before. I bet the recipient was thrilled with your gift.

    Sounds like Santa's elves have some serious competition. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that little tree!

    This is such a busy time of year ... I have missed spending time in the sewing room. I've got fabric for a quilt for T#3 but I'm come to grips with having to wait until after the first of the year to be able to get any significant sewing time. I'm "settling" for working on my hexie project as it's easy enough to grab it when I have a few minutes to spare.

    ReplyDelete