A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Monday, December 22, 2014

And So It Begins

The holidays are here, well for us at least the celebrations begin by tomorrow.  Today, I’ll bake some muffins to have around for breakfasts, and finish up a couple of last minute sewing projects, do the laundry, make up the beds, and get out a jigsaw puzzle to do when the down times come – in a few days.

Tomorrow, my parents arrive and I have a birthday luncheon to attend.

Christmas Eve, our Calgary children and LV (7 months now) arrive and we’ll all be spending the afternoon and evening together with the other grandparents.

Christmas Day, brunch for 10 or 12 at 1100, skyping with a sister sometime during the day, turkey dinner for 11 at 600.

Boxing Day – well plan to do nothing but work on that jigsaw puzzle with my mother!

10849925_403902176426737_3367698610234997929_n

Dec. 27 dinner with friends at their house

Dec. 28 we’ll move my parents down the street to a friends’ house to give them some time to just relax by themselves and to make room for the other children

New Years’ Eve our High River children and LW (2 1/2 months) arrive

New Years’ Day, brunch for 8 at 1100, goose (hunted by DS-J) for dinner for 8-12 at 600

Jan 2 – my parents head home

Jan 3 – Grizz’ family will be here for our annual get-together of snacks and sweets, and their first meeting with LV and LW – probably about 14 adults, 3 babies and 4 dogs!!!! 

Can hardly sleep for the excitement!

So now I’d like to wish you all a very, very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  See you in 2015!          

      Blessings, Peg

4 comments:

  1. A Very Merry Christmas to you and your family and all the blessings that come with the season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Peg I am exhausted just reading about your upcoming gatherings. I wish you a very happy time together. Let's hope the roads stay clear for all those travelling. Merry Christmas and enjoy those grand babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, sounds like a lot of family, a lot of fun. Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year. See you next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A busy busy time - but what excitement to share family time, and now the grandbabies - you will have a blast!

    ReplyDelete