A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Friday, January 30, 2015

Finishing Touches

The last of the last – our spare room is completely completed.004

A perfect place to display a couple of old quilts.  On the left is the first quilt I ever made – Jennifer Chiaverini’s sampler quilt from her first book.  It was an adventure, and I learned so very, very much doing that.  On the right is the quilt my mother made for us about 40 years ago.  We used it for a long time, but as it got worn, I tucked it away to preserve it.  The batting was bunching, and the quilting stitches were coming out……  So last year I finally took it completely apart, sandwiched it with new batting and backing, then quilted it just after Christmas.  So good to be able to display these.  Now, when I get to town next, I’ll look for some storage boxes, to tuck away things that we don’t need to access too frequently, but want near at hand.

And while Grizz was painting and putting the shelves together, I got on with a couple of my projects.

This pile of receiving blankets will go to church on Sunday:

001

This little candle mat kit was a gift last fall, a perfect addition to decorating for next fall:

003

Happy finishes!                   Blessings, Peg

8 comments:

  1. Love the way you are displaying your quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the room is so charming - how wonderful to have your mother's quilt on display.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous way to put your quilts on display!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to have the beautiful quilts hung up where people can see them and ooh and ahh over them. And how fantastic of you to have taken the quilt of your mother's apart and repaired it!! Pretty little candlemat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a treasure you have there. I love how you have added your hand to the history of the quilt your mother had made.
    Isn't it a great feeling when a room comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The room looks great. love those quilts hanging on the wall!

    ReplyDelete